Track AKA's "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded"


Nicki Minaj dropped her sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded two days ago. It seems her trash-talkin' alter ego Roman admits defeat as early as the seventh track leaving the album to be overrun by Barbie and our not-so-fave singing Nicki. 

Regular reviews are boring. What I really want when I look at a track title is a rating and a wee "also known as" to sum things up and help me decide whether it's worth even a youtube search let alone a purchase. As blunt as some of my critiques may be, I do like the album, it's addictive as I expected and I rate it 4.5/5.

Roman Holiday
also known as the I-was-enjoying-the-nanny's-voice-until-suddenly-"O Come All Ye Faithful" track.

Come On A Cone
also known as the excitedly schizophrenic showoffy Roman infused track.

I Am Your Leader (Feat. Cam’ron & Rick Ross)
also known as the Neptunes-esque track with killer guest verses.

Beez In The Trap (Feat. 2 Chainz)
also known as the Lil Kim and other "100 mother fuckers" diss attempt track.

HOV Lane
also known as the leftover track.

Roman Reloaded (Feat. Lil Wayne)
also known as the gangsta gunshot track for all the dance crew chorey.

Champion Feat. NAS, Drake & Young Jeezy
also known as the chillin-whilst-revisiting-my-roots track.

Right By My Side (Feat. Chris Brown)
also known as the track that was meant for Kelly Rowland or Keri Hilson.

Sex In the Lounge (Feat. Lil Wayne & Bobby V)
also known as the classic where-and-how-we-have-sex R&B track featuring black male artists.

Starships
also known as the dance pop track adopted by the evil that is the tweens.

Pound The Alarm
also known as the destined-to-be-#1 club track you won't be able to escape.

Whip It
also known as the "na na na na na na na na na na me go" track.

Automatic
also known as the you're-lucky-you're-Nicki track that sounds like it was recorded on autopilot.

Beautiful Sinner
also known as the teasing track with the best intro but leads into cheesy pop lyrics.

Marilyn Monroe
also known as the is-this-really-Nicki? ballad audition track.

Young Forever
also known as the lovey-dovey-makey-me-pukey track.

Fire Burns
also known as the slow-motion break up and rainy window scene track.

Gun Shot (Feat. Beenie Man)
also known as the dancehall I-love-my-friends ballad track.

Stupid Hoe
also known as the annoying-black-chick-gittin'-all-ghetto-up-in-yo-grill track.

Turn Me On
also known as the strutting-while-it-plays-on-your-ipod track.

Va Va Voom
also known as the is-that-Empire-of-the-Sun's-"Without You"-instrumentals? track.

Masquerade
also known as the I-feel-like-I've-heard-it-before track.

1 comment:

  1. you could provide with links so we can be our own judge...
    Well from the ones that i've heard..the album is skitsophrenic...it's as though she's trying to please mainstream pop/dance audiences while trying to keep her roots planted firmly in the original hard rapping subculture from which she came.
    some of this subculture may feel betrayed however i enjoy to keep my toes on both sides of the bar. Nicki minaj can pound my alarm any day. That track just rocks my socks off.
    Btw good luck trying to find instrumentals that are purely original in our remix society. It just doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete