Manuscript "Gothlete"


It makes so much sense to nickname the current goth + athletic trend "Gothlete". The word itself just looks sexy, don't you think? I can't believe I didn't think of it before.

The looks I've seen about in the real world tend to end up looking well thrift-shopped, under-dressed and dirty. I see socks and jandals, so yes, I'm going to think you've come straight from South Auckland. It's a difficult task breaking in the socks and jandals when they've been rocking them for years. I think this spread in Manuscript magazine is the perfect example of how to cleanly pull off the style. Mesh, stripes and adidas referencing the sporty side and balanced by the black on black, leggings and structured "gothic" pieces.

The hibiscus lava lava is fucking fantastic, but not in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment