Nude Drawings

Lifeless objects like pots and vases are just so boring so I've never really liked objectively drawing until now. I'm really enjoying having nude models! I haven't laughed or cracked a woody once! No, but seriously I think you begin to see them purely as shapes and tones and it's not until you pull your pencil off the paper that you're like "Oh, I've just drawn a naked person" and you head off to the bathroom for a quick break. ;)

Apologies for the crappy quality and crinkled paper but here are some of my works from the past two classes where we've been focusing on tone and light. The three drawings of the guy below were done in pencil, the first in an hour time frame, the second in five mins and the last in ten mins.


This willow charcoal and white chalk drawing was achieved by concentrating only on the highlights and dark shadow areas. It's really quite hard to put together an image when you can't sketch the outlines of the figure. You'll notice some of my proportions are way out (hello arms!) but it's definately an interesting way to build up a drawing.


I'm really happy with the outcome of these two. It's amazing how little you can sketch and yet still be able to make out the picture. These were both completed in ten min time frames, again with willow charcoal and white chalk.


I feel bad for making the model look a little heavier than she really is and for giving her a munted right hand but I tried my best in the hour and a half we were given. I work better in the quick sketch exercises because I'm more free.


Yeah, so, if anyone wants to be my Rose, I'll happily play Jack and draw you nudie.

No comments:

Post a Comment