Best Dressed @ the Grammy Awards

(Parden my drool as I write this) Channelling Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface, Rihanna was the only lady to play the sexy card and she does it right in this Giorgio Armani number she helped co-design. Not many girls can pull off a plunging neckline, centre slit and a dramatic revealing back all in one (for example, Adam Levine's girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna!). The only thing I'm still not sure about is that regrowth. It doesn't look like a deliberate enough root fade for me to accept it. Although in this case it sort of matches the dress. Ha.


When I saw Paris Hilton hit the red carpet, I knew it meant bad things are to come. Yes, she's working on a new album which features collaborations with Snoop Dogg, LMFAO and her boyfriend Afrojack. Maybe it won't be so bad... I can't deny her singles were so catchy... and maybe they are hidden in my iTunes library. She looks so ethereally chic in a white and gold gown by Basil Soda. It seems some of the Dubai BFF styling has stuck. I love the reflective gold belt!


Fergie looks delicious, or should I say fergilicious, or should I say G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S, wearing Jean Paul Gaultier fresh off the runway. With a clean up-do, gold jewels and a nude lip, she executes the glamourised doily look flawlessly. Orange is no doubt my favourite colour at the moment and I am glad she has done it justice. Speaking of, has anyone heard the "Boom Boom Pow" cover by Orangez? I think they're Phillipino or something. It's a laugh.


Corinne Bailey Rae won in the awards and on the carpet in a floaty Christian Siriano dress. She's rocking that crazy ball of curls! It's like a hotter, tanner, toned-downer Helen Bonham Carter look. Blur your eyes, maybe you'll see it too.


Esperanza Spalding looks so much better than she did last year. I love the colour combinations, the grey turning white fading to orange layered over magenta. The pubic hairdo is a winner too. All that fuzz brings your attention to her face. Gorgeous!


Robyn is God. She does everything so wrong it's right! A fresh white tee, mullet skirt, some interesting accessories and a pair of platform timbs finished off with her signature bowl cut would normally result in a fashion crime but only she could pull this off!


Alicia Keys gets a special mention. A bit safe, yeah, but that statement neck gold neckpiece is what drew my eyes in. It's just the bit of spicing up the look needed.


Gwyneth Paltrow always knows how to work her straight figure. Classic and sleek, she's wearing Stella McCartney. Reflective gold is everywhere!


Katy Perry would have had a winning look in this Elie Saab gown if only she still had her dark locks. Unfortunately it all just looks a bit too matchy matchy for me and on a side note, has she gained a bit of weight? Don't blame her if she has, I'd be eating my feelings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment