Everyday I'm Bussin'


Starting back at uni has reignited my hate for Aucklands buses. I have to catch two to get from my home in Onehunga to Whitecliffe so as I sat and waited for the Outer Link bus yesterday, I thought about the things I hated most.
  1. The live departure boards! I appreciate that they're up to date but I don't want to wait the longest 15 minutes of my life only to see the DUE status change back to 5 minutes. Or worse, disappear completely and never board my bus. Yay! I get to wait another 15 minutes for the next one.
  2. "Does this bus go to...?" Seriously, you pulled us over just to ask for directions? Now we missed the green light and all the angry working people in their cars are not letting us blend back into the peak hour traffic. Delayed another hour.
  3. Why is it on buses we suddenly become blind, deaf and dumb? I saw that person chasing after the bus. And that lady at the back door which didn't open at her stop. And a friend I haven't seen in ages, but I'd so rather listen to my music. 
  4. Sleeping on the bus never annoyed me until someone's boy fell asleep on my lap and made me look like a pedophile. I too enjoy the occasional nap because it kills time, but just imagine how weird I would look asleep with a six year old asian boy dead on my lap. I am never a happy man when i have to give up my nap time! Hmph!
  5. Why do people think it's okay to sit on the aisle seat and reserve the window spot for their invisible friend? Bitch, he can stand, there's an old lady hopping on! The rage that takes over when I see them actually scoping out the bus like "Oh phew! There's still one other seat they can take instead of this one!"
Unless you're freshly 18 and occupying the whole back half of the bus with your boozy antics, I don't think any ride is that enjoyable. You just want it to be over and done with as quickly as possible.

I need to get a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment