I don't enjoy large scale painting


I thought I'd show you where I'm up to with my largest work this term. There are certain restrictions within the brief as to what we have to include but otherwise we're free to do whatever we want. There has been a real focus on being self-directed this last part of the year.

Yet again, I've taken the abstraction route and you may recognise the colour scheme from my self portrait. I did attempt to create more of a realistic, painterly representation but I just can't do it. I've been working upside down to focus on shape and form more but it appears the kind sir might have lost a bit of weight in mine. It's about 65% complete.

Check out my cute little classmates getting to work on theirs. We're all determined for no late nights at uni. Nuh-uh!

No comments:

Post a Comment