Self Portraits Exhibition


To kick into the beginning of term two, we were given four days to turn our horrid student profile pics (which upon taking we were told would never been shown anywhere except the lecturers roll - THEY LIED TO US!) into large scale works (80cm by 110cm) inspired by the New York artist Chuck Close.

It was an interesting, systematic approach to art. Such an experience that by the last day I was seeing my face everywhere and having nightmares of squares attacking me. I feel alright in publicly confessing this since I know for a fact everyone else felt the same way.

Here is a low quality preview of my beautiful face. If you want to see it larger than it really should be, pop along to the exhibition. There are eyes on every single wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment