Best Dressed Girls @ the SAG Awards

As the stars hit the carpet of the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards yesterday and the dresses made ther way down the aisle of red, it seems the plunging neckline has taken a back seat and made way for more interesting cutouts. I have to say it was hard to find a dress I didn't like but it was harder to find one I loved so much I just wanted to strip it off and make love to it.

I don't know if it's since the news of her breast cancer surfaced, but recently I just haven't been able to fault anything Giuliana Rancic does or wears. Only a presenter for E! and yet she managed to completely steal the spotlight in this gorgeous red number. Love the gold accents!


Another winner in red was Ahna O'Reilly in a sleek Nha Khanh column gown. Girl needs to win an award for having such a flawless back! Take note ladies, wearing a red dress does not always require a matching lip. I hate over-coordination of colours!


Kristen Wiig loves herself a nude tone, and recently at the Golden Globes she blended right into the walls, but she's done justice to this Balenciaga dress by adding a bold statement choker and pulling her hair into an up-do. I feel like she's finally looking like the A-lister she's so quickly becoming.


A lot of people will disagree with me but I think Tilda Swinton looks like a beautiful goddess wearing custom-made Lanvin. If you don't see it, imagine her with a bit of sass and a hand on her hip. Sold it to you yet?


With full-length, cutouts and greys trending on the carpet, trust Emma Stone to rock some old Hollywood glamour in a tea-length, fit-and-flare Alexander McQueen dress. I am still unsure about the chest hair but hey! Maybe bush is making a come back.


Here are a few special mentions that shouldn't be missed. Amber Heard in Zac Posen (but what's with the slit on her cleavage?), Kelly Osbourne in Badgley Mischka (white really suits her hair), Angelina Jolie in Jenny Packham (hot liquidy ghetto goodness!) and Rose Byrne in Elie Saab (what a risk taker in a jumpsuit!)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment