Learn to proofread, Remix!


I have always been a fan of Remix magazine. It's perfectly balanced in it's picture to text ratio. I would imagine as an editor there would be nothing more insulting than having your magazine become one of those ones that people just violently flick through to get a glimpse of all the photos.

I picked up this Summer 11/12 issue to kill some time at work. We all know how deathly slow retail goes. So needless to say I didn't spend $16.50 to just look at the pictures.

Page 134 got my attention. It features an interview with the guy who created Party Pills and Kronic and it seemed like an interesting read. But then halfway through I became a little lost. I swear I was seeing double.



How did not one single person in the company notice that a third of the first page had been carried onto the second half of the article?!

This isn't the first time I've noticed errors in grammar and punctuation in their magazine either. Yes, you can turn a blind eye to a name here or there that hasn't been printed in bold like the rest but something of this size in such a popular publication? ...It's kind of embarrassing.

Remix, I would be happy to proofread your next issue and underline any mistakes with a red pen before it goes to press.

No comments:

Post a Comment